Friday, June 29, 2012

One boy, one girl... two hearts beating wildly

As you may have guessed from the title of this post, it was confirmed on April 3rd that E & S are officially going to be having one boy and one girl!

As soon as they confirmed it via ultrasound, which took probably 60 seconds total (these two are NOT shy by any means) this song by Collin Raye immediately popped into my head.
"One Boy, One Girl" And I still think of it to this day when I am thinking about the twins. (Which, as you can imagine is pretty often.)

My mom went with me to the ultrasound, it was the first time I'd had anyone with me to any of the appointments aside from the embryo transfer. It was a nice change of pace. Going alone was all fine and dandy, but it got pretty lonely sometimes.

I emailed E & S IMMEDIATELY (I would have called but it was something like 2am over there.) and I couldn't wait for their response. I'm sure they would be ecstatic to know that the predictions were true. They could finally start shopping for blue and pink clothes, instead of the yellow and green clothes they'd been stuck buying.

Now that they knew the gender (or at least they would when they woke up) I couldn't wait to know what the names were. For now, I could call them baby boy and baby girl. It was much better than "baby a" and "baby b" that was for sure!

1 comment: