Thursday, May 3, 2012

Am I Pregnant?

On December 19, I went in for the long awaited appointment to confirm pregnancy. I ran over to ORM before work (8am) since it was only a few minutes down the road and got a blood draw. I was so used to this by now, I could barely feel the poke of the needle. My arm was like a pin cushion. 

I realized they had to send the blood work to the lab, but I wanted to know NOW! Home pregnancy tests only took 3 minutes and then you knew! I headed back to work and waited for the phone to ring. And waited some more. 

Finally, after what seemed like forever, I decided to just call Carrie at ORM myself. I was sick of waiting! It was already 11am at this point.

She could tell how anxious I was when she answered the phone and said that she was still waiting for some of the blood work to come back from the lab, but... she could at least tell me that it was POSITIVE!! I was pregnant! I immediately started crying, I was so happy for E & S it was indescribable. Carrie said she'd call me back later to discuss more of the blood results, like my estradiol levels, etc.

As soon as we hung up, I called my mom. She'd been waiting almost as impatiently as I had. I told her the good news, then went down the line of calling my sisters to let them know too. This was all SO real now. After all this hard work, all of these injections (which I still had to continue for awhile) and every emotion that went into this, we were finally pregnant! 

I sat down at my computer at work and sent a quick email to E & S. I had sent them one shortly after I got back from the blood draw and told them I was just waiting for a phone call. This email was much more exciting! 

"We're PREGNANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
SO EXCITED for you two!!!!"

That's all the email said. I liked to get straight to the point! Their response caused even more tears to roll down my face:

"OH MY GOD ! This day arrive !
we are very very happy , you can imagine, it s an amazing day, night for us, we think about you....

have a great day, for us this night will not be like the other one , we are on the top of the sky and paradise...."

We are on top of the sky and paradise. I read that line over and over, and I was again reassured that this was the right thing. I couldn't see their face, or the tears probably rolling out of their eyes, but their explanation, even in the choppy English translation from French, was perfect. I can only imagine how they will feel when they hold their baby(ies) for the first time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment