Monday, May 21, 2012

Hulu, Netflix and Pinterest!

Those of you who have never had to be on bed rest may think the idea sounds nice and relaxing. That's what I thought for oh, the first couple days. I got to sleep all day and I had a doctor's orders to do so! No one could call me lazy for that.

After awhile I was going absolutely crazy. I signed up for Hulu+ and started watching all the TV shows I had gotten behind on because of my crazy work schedule. I already had Netflix (thanks to my sister) and had pretty much exhausted all of the shows and movies I wanted to watch on there. I even got a Pinterest account, which kept me busy for awhile when I was bored of TV.

My next appointment at ORM was on January 19th. I was instructed to stay on bed rest because the SCH was still present, and I was still in a lot of pain when I tried to do anything. That meant more Hulu, more Netflix and more Pinterest. My pin boards were growing enormously and the amount of TV I had watched in that week of bedrest was unheard of. But what else could a girl do? Reading was always an option but I couldn't concentrate enough on anything long enough to really get into a book. So I fried my brain some more.

Being on bed rest meant that I couldn't really take care of Peyton, my 4-year-old. This, by far, was the hardest thing I was going through. Lorre (his normal babysitter, my friend's mom) was absolutely amazing during the week and kept him overnight so he could still go to preschool and I didn't have to worry about taking care of him. On the weekends, my mom or sister would either take him or come up to my house to help. I felt like a failure as a mother because I was sick in bed and couldn't play with him like he wanted to. He's 4 so he doesn't understand what 'bed rest' is or what a subchorionic hematoma is for that matter. All he knew was that mommy was sick and had to stay in bed. I was seeing him maybe 2 days out of the week, and that is not enough.

All I wanted was to feel better, be back at work and out of bed, and be able to spend time with my son like a normal person. I had another ultrasound scheduled for the following Thursday which would determine if I could do that. I was certain my brain would turn to mush by that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment