Thursday, May 17, 2012

So this is "normal" you say?

It'd been 3 days since my ultrasound confirming twins. Morning sickness had already started to make itself known. I had forgotten just how much I hate throwing up. Aside from the morning sickness, I was having to get used to being extra tired. The 1st trimester seems to do that. It wasn't like my body was doing all sorts of extra work or anything to keep two additional beings alive or anything.

My boss was having a get together at his house for all of the Store (Branch) managers in the district that night. Even as tired as I was from the extra pressure from January at work, I knew I had to be there. Plus, it'd be a nice little escape to laugh and enjoy other people's company.

Not too long after arriving though, I knew something was wrong. I felt cramps again and what I thought was more blood. I excused myself to the restroom, trying not to look like I was panicking, and sure enough I was bleeding. A LOT of blood, again. This couldn't be NORMAL. There was no way.

I didn't want to worry too much, because after all just three days ago Dr. Hesla said that it was normal. I thought maybe it would be just that episode of bleeding and it'd be done, but after returning to the "party" for not much more than 10 minutes I could tell it was going to be a long night. More blood. I didn't want to alert everyone else in the room what was going on, so I tried to act like I was okay. Thankfully the party was winding down. I left when everyone else did and immediately called ORM.

I spoke to a different doctor, one who I had never worked with before, and she informed me that I should go straight home and be on bed rest through Monday. I was to call Monday to inform of any changes, etc. Why weren't these people more concerned? Didn't they want to see me this time? Or at least soon? I suppose they know more about this stuff, but I couldn't help but worry that they missed something the first ultrasound. I couldn't imagine being on bed rest that night and for 4 more days just waiting for something to happen. I would be going crazy, for sure, and my mind would easily wander back to the hypochondriac thoughts of all that could be wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment