Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Best Email Ever (So far)

March 11, 2011:

Journal entry:

"Best. Email. Ever. 


'I have a family arriving from France on Monday and am hoping to show them your profile. Would you be available next week if they are interested in meeting you?'


Yes!! Of course I would be!! Oh wow. I cannot contain myself at this point. I wrote back literally within minutes of seeing the email from Sandy. I called my mom and think I rambled for about 10 minutes about what this all means and how happy I was. Finally things are getting more and more real!"


At this point, this was the best news I'd received since a month ago when I made the decision. A couple, from FRANCE, wanted to meet with ME! How awesome is that? I knew that NWSC dealt with international IPs (intended parents), but never really thought I'd be lucky enough to be involved in something that cool. Not that them being from France made them any more deserving, but what an adventure!

March 16, 2011

Journal entry:

"Sandy called! They want to meet me. Thankfully, I already had planned for Peyton to stay at the babysitter tomorrow night. March 17th at 7 pm. This is REALLY happening. Now, let's just hope they like me!"


St. Patty's day now was going to have a whole new meaning for celebration. Peyton was staying at the babysitter because I had plans to go out and watch my friend's band play at a bar in Portland and would be out late. It would be perfect. Meet the possible IPs at 7, and head to The Thirsty Lion afterward for a night with friends. Probably the best St. Patty's day yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment