Wednesday, April 18, 2012

E & S

March 17, 2011:

Journal entry:

"Amazing doesn't even begin to describe how the meeting went. E & S (two wonderful French men) met with me tonight. They asked a bunch of the same questions that Sandy had asked, and just wanted to get to know me a little more as a person rather than strictly on paper. It sounds like, if all goes well (AKA they pick me), the embryo transfer of TWINS, yes TWINS will happen in July. Which means I will be delivering just about a year from now! Crazy, right? 


Did I mention they live in PARIS? Oh my goodness! 


Now, I just wait. They have to decide if I'm the one they want carrying their children. I'm so already committed to them after just the hour or so of meeting them. Cutest thing ever, they did the whole "French" thing and kissed me on both cheeks when we said goodbye. Who knew they actually do that?"


For privacy sake, I have left out their actual names and will call them E & S (which I have been calling them probably since I met them.) Confidentiality is a must during these situations.

Now, English obviously isn't their first language so there were some communication barriers but E managed to communicate the most between the two of them. (S claims his English is terrible but I think he understands more than he lets on.)

A big topic of conversation during the meeting with E & S was what sort of relationship the three of us will have during the pregnancy and after the baby(ies) are born. For me, I'm a pretty emotional person and know that I could never actually carry a baby for 9 months, deliver it, and then never see it (or pictures of it at the very least) again. Being the surrogate, I get to say what I would like and they can decide if that matches with what they want. E put it really well, and said that we are all human. There will be a relationship developed throughout all of this. At the VERY least they agreed to sending email updates and pictures of the baby(ies) after they are born so I can at least follow through their life and see what I helped to create. Exactly what I needed to know.

I called my mom (notice a pattern?) as I was leaving the parking lot (on bluetooth in my car of course) and rambled some more. She's used to this by now. I couldn't stop talking about all the wonderful things about them. They literally are the cutest couple I know.

I was ready for them to make a decision NOW, but like I said in my journal entry "They have to decide if I'm the one they want carrying their children." 

It's not like buying a car, or a house, or picking out a blouse to wear for a job interview... this is LIFE we're talking about. A woman carrying your children for 9 months. She has to be trustworthy, and there has to be a connection one way or another.


No comments:

Post a Comment