Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Waiting Game

For those of you that know me, you'd know that patience is not my strong suit. Those that don't know me may have been able to pick up on some of that from my previous posts. Ever since I was matched with E & S I have wanted to get pregnant RIGHT AWAY. Although I knew that the plan was July, I was ready in March. I wanted to give them their family that they deserve, as they had been waiting a really long time for this.

After I completed the mock cycle, received the letters from the insurance stating that the pregnancy would be covered, things were good to go. Or so I thought. 

We were waiting on two things still. 1: The Contract still hadn't been signed. Signed, or even seen by me or my lawyer at this point. (We're talking mid July now.) E & S and their lawyer had been reviewing the contract for quite some time. There was of course the language barrier holding us back, but also the fact that insurance was so completely different in France than it is here. There was a lot to understand. And a lot that they had to take into consideration. As I have said before, it's not like they were buying a car or a house... they were trying to have BABIES. It's understandable for things to be confusing, but how were we supposed to be getting pregnant right now (as originally planned) if we hadn't even signed a contract? 

The second thing we were waiting on was the egg donor. At this point I hadn't heard anything back from Carrie at ORM. I knew that she was going through a mock cycle of sorts around the same time I was, and I finished mine weeks ago. What could be the hold up?

Since I knew that I couldn't really make E & S finish reviewing the contract sooner, I decided to focus my efforts on figuring out where we stood in the process for the embryo transfer. At least that could keep me from going crazy with no patience. 

I called Carrie, and emailed her. I heard nothing for days... sometimes over a week. What on Earth? I even called Sandy at NWSC to see if she had heard anything, or had any luck even getting in contact with Carrie. Things weren't like this when Joy was around, I ALWAYS knew what was going on. 

By the time I heard from Carrie, I knew she was annoyed with me. I wanted to be on top of things, if there was something else I needed to do I would do it. But, I couldn't know what I needed to do if I didn't hear from her. She informed me that the egg donor was actually in cycle with another family and that our embryo transfer would have to wait until after theirs was complete. 

How did I not know that she was in cycle with another family? Did E & S know this? Did Sandy know this? It seemed like Carrie was the only one who was aware. So it looked like we would be waiting even longer. Roughly, Carrie told me, we could probably start another cycle in September/October time frame. Guess I'd start a new countdown. 

2 comments:

  1. i know you, and patience definately isn't your strong suit. E&S huh? frenchies? you'r having an American baby for french people? so... your the ship that is launching the anchor baby?

    ReplyDelete
  2. this and first comment by Yuri

    ReplyDelete