Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Don't even touch me!

April 13, 2011:

Journal entry:

"Forgot to write about the earlier happenings of yesterday. I had my appointment with my OB down in Corvallis yesterday at 1:30. Another required step to get me one step closer to getting pregnant! Ah, getting pregnant. Haven't really put it like that. Sounds so... weird. 


I had to have a physical exam, pap, and test for every STD known to man. Or so it felt like. They also took out my Mirena. I feel like it has been a part of me for SO long it is weird having it out now."


I titled this post "Don't even touch me!" because literally after having my Mirena removed, I felt like I could get pregnant just by a guy looking at me. I felt so... vulnerable and unprotected. Mind you, I wasn't having sex with anyone and hadn't in what seemed like an eternity, but I of course didn't want to get pregnant with my own babies!

My OB prescribed birth control pills, by instruction of Joy at ORM (Oregon Reproductive Medicine) whom I had spoken to recently regarding getting the whole process started. And man was it a process. The birth control pills were to get my cycle regulated and easily trackable, and also somewhat align me with the egg donor as well.

At this point I was waiting to schedule an appointment to meet with Joy and go over the "Mock Cycle" which is like a test run of the actual embryo transfer. Starting on birth control pills was going to be a challenge. I chose the Mirena after having Peyton because it meant I didn't have to REMEMBER to take a pill every single day; I had a history of forgetting. Alarm on phone, SET. Title "Birth Control!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment