Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Phone Call

February 16, 2011:

Journal entry:

"Still no word from that first agency, but no less than 24 hours and already the second agency called me back! I spoke with Tabitha, while at work (trying to be secretive) and she asked me general questions about things I had put on the intake form: how old was Peyton, was I single, etc. And mainly, why? What a great question! Why am I wanting to do this? Well, first of all... Peyton is my world. Without him, I'm not sure what life would be like. It kills me to think that not everyone is capable of having a baby of their own. Someone who is a part of them. So, if I'm able to help, why would I not?"


I remember being absolutely ecstatic that Tabitha had called me that day, and sometimes it feels like it was just yesterday. I called my mom shortly after I hung up the phone with Tabitha and shared my excitement with her. She was one of the few people that knew what I was trying to do, her and two of my older sisters, Katie and Sarah. It was all still so new to all of us that we didn't really know what was in store, but my mom was happy that I was happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment