Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Chinese with the French

In October, E & S had to come to ORM to finish up everything necessary for the embryo transfer, which by the way got pushed back AGAIN due to issues with the other couple the egg donor was in cycle for.

We were now looking at a cycle at the end of November, early December. My patience was pretty much gone at this point and my attitude became "I'll believe it when it happens."

Thank goodness for a break in reality though, because E & S coming to ORM meant that I could see them again! This was October, it had been 7 months since I had first met them and so much had happened since then. I was beyond anxious for their arrival!

We had been emailing back and forth and determined that Sunday, October 9th would work best for both of our schedules to meet up for dinner in Portland. My mom and Peyton were to join me, and mom would finally get to meet these wonderful men I couldn't stop talking about.

While I was at work on the 6th, just a few days before our dinner, Sandy from NWSC called me. E & S were in her office and wondered if I had a couple minutes to talk! Um... YES! I don't care if I didn't have a couple minutes, I would make time!

I spoke with E, who still to this day does most of the talking between the two of them, and I could just hear the happiness in his voice. I wish you could have seen the smile on my face. I hadn't heard their voices since March and hadn't realized how much I missed them. We confirmed dinner at PF Changs in the Pearl for Sunday. As soon as I hung up the phone I burst in to tears. The tears were from pure happiness. How could I possibly LOVE two people so much whom I had only seen in person 2 times before? I was ready for it to be Sunday so I could hug them again! And don't forget the "French" kisses on both cheeks!

On Sunday, my mom, Peyton and I drove up to Portland and of course were beyond early. I figured we could walk around the Pearl a bit until it was time to meet up, maybe even stop by Powell's and get a book.

I pulled into the parking garage I tend to use when I'm out in the Pearl, and turned the corner to go down the long aisle of cars only to see what appeared to be two French men a few yards ahead. Ahh!! I couldn't contain my excitement. We pulled up, rolled down the window and said hello! I wanted to jump out of the car and hug them already! They said they would head up to the restaurant to get us a table. So I found a parking spot as quickly as I could and we headed up the elevator.

Waiting inside PF Changs, there they were! Hugs and "French" kisses on both cheeks and then we were seated. Dinner was perfect, I don't think I have eaten so much in my life! We shared a bottle of red wine, which I could still drink for just a bit longer, and talked all about the upcoming adventures that we were about to take. They had finished everything up at ORM so we were good to go on that end, and they asked my mom questions about me and her thoughts on this whole thing.

I don't think I have ever, ever felt so loved and highly regarded than I did that night. They kept praising me to my mom, telling her how wonderful of a daughter she had raised and how I was an angel to them. I'm sure my face was red the entire time from blushing so much. It was clear that I was helping to make all of their dreams come true, and it solidified exactly why I chose to do this whole thing in the first place. They hadn't even met their babies yet, but they were SO grateful for the opportunity to be parents, to have their own blood related children like any other normal family. This right here people, this was why no matter how many crude remarks or disapproving comments I have received from people, I had chosen to be a surrogate. No one could ever take this feeling away from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment