Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I have a lawyer!

April 27, 2011:

Journal entry:

"I have a lawyer! Her name is Erin and she deals a lot with NWSC and adoption cases as well. We haven't met, but exchanged emails today. She is there to advise me on the official contract between E & S and I. As soon as E & S and their lawyer have had a chance to review the contract and make any revisions they see necessary, we will get the contract to review and change as well. Then we all sign! Contracts make this all so... official."


I was so anxious to meet with Erin and go over the contract, but we still had to wait for E & S to review it. Most surrogacy contracts are pretty straight forward, from what I knew. It of course will include information regarding my compensation but also that I will just be carrying the baby(ies) and that I will in no way be responsible for parenting the children. Good thing I have a lawyer, though, as I am sure not all of it will be easy to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment