Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Home Visit

April 12, 2011:

Journal entry:

"A social worker came over today for the required home evaluation. She was here only about 45 minutes tops and said everything seemed great. They just have to make sure that both Peyton and I live in a stable home so that while I'm pregnant I am in a safe environment, etc. 


Sandy was telling me that apparently one of their previous surrogates had a bunch of crazy roommates that almost interfered with her 'qualification' of being a surrogate because the impression the social worker got. Glad I live with just Peyton and I! 


The social worker complimented the apartment on being so clean. She asked me if I always keep it this clean. My answer, yes. Which isn't really a lie, I have been so obsessive about keeping it clean lately."


In addition to all of my medical records being evaluated, having an interview with the NWSC staff, meeting with the potential IPs, getting a psych evaluation, etc... there is also a home visit from a social worker that was required.

I was a little skeptical at first, not that I had anything to hide, but because I felt like my whole life was on spotlight. It was my HOME she was coming into to make sure it was safe. Almost as if someone had called CSD and reported a concern, you know?

Thank goodness I had no crazy roommates to hide, and Peyton behaved himself for the most part. He was curious who this random lady was in our house and why she was asking his mom SOO many questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment