Wednesday, April 18, 2012

They like me, they really like me!

March 18, 2011:

Journal entry:

"They liked me! Sandy called to say they enjoyed meeting me and want to spend more time with me before they fly back to Paris on Sunday. That leaves TOMORROW! They will be there/here at 3pm. At my house! Sandy suggested I bring my mom to meet them. But, she has plans. Sarah will fill in! Ahh! So excited!"


Over a year ago, having company at my house was a no biggie. My house was usually impeccably clean so I was excited to have company! These days, the thought of company coming over (especially as important as E & S) would have me stressed for hours attempting to get my house to the clean it used to be.

Sarah agreed to come up early to hang out and wait for them to arrive, and they were to meet Peyton as well! How crazy was all this? I assumed that meant they were pretty set on me being "the one" to carry their children, but it wasn't official yet.

March 19, 2011:

Journal entry:

"It's official! They picked me! I can't even begin to explain how wonderfully the meeting went. Peyton actually HUGGED S the moment they walked in the door. That so does not happen. They brought me a gorgeous bouquet of yellow roses, how perfect! E even played XBOX with Peyton. 


We talked more about the whole process, about them picking an egg donor, etc. They want to, if I'm comfortable with it, be in the delivery room when I'm having the twins. They have a few names picked out for the twins already. They gave me their Skype username so we can keep in touch until July. This is just so awesome. I can't even explain how happy I am."


Finally, I was matched with a couple! An AMAZING couple for that matter. I couldn't imagine finding any two people who were more perfect. Now, the real process begins! Lots of stuff to do before getting the embryo transfer in July! That was only 4 months from then.

2 comments:

  1. LOVING your blog and hearing your story!! Only a mother understands the true gift a child is and I've always wanted to do surrogacy after I was done having kiddos, it's such a beautiful and precious gift! E & S sound amazing and I'm beyond happy for the 6 of you!!! ~Kandis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kandis!! I'm so happy to finally be writing about EVERYTHING. Facebook updates here and there don't do this whole thing justice.

      I'm happy to point you toward the right people once the time comes for you to be a surrogate too! So excited for you and Dan for the little one on the way!

      Delete