Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Signing my life away... or my body

August 23, 2011:

Journal entry:

"Got an email from Erin while at work today. We FINALLY have a contract to review, she just received it from E & S's lawyer. She emailed it over to me and we will have a meeting within a week or so to go over the contract in detail and make any revisions we sit fit. This is definitely the best news I have gotten in awhile." 


As good of news as this was, as soon as I opened the attached file in the email, I knew why it took forever for E & S to review. There was all sorts of legal terminology in the contract that didn't make sense, and things that I had never even thought of as well. Thank goodness for lawyers!

I read over the contract as best I could, and would likely reread it many times before actually meeting with Erin.

September 7, 2011:

Journal entry:

"I met with Erin today to review the contract and it makes so much more sense now. She deals with NWSC on a regular basis so she is quite familiar with what should and shouldn't be in the contract. Part of the contract itself makes both parties agree not to discuss the contract with any other parties, aside from NWSC and our lawyers. It all seems so secretive, but there are things that make sense. No one needs to know EXACTLY how much I am getting compensated for things, etc. Erin and I made some changes to the contract and she will send it over to E & S and their lawyer for review. Hopefully it is a quick OK from them and we can both sign!" 


The only contracts I have ever signed in my life are when buying cars. This was so completely different. I was just glad to know that I was able to make revisions, some VERY necessary based on work and my life, and hopefully they would agree.

September 14, 2011:

Journal entry:

"E & S agreed to the revisions! Erin sent me a final copy in my email that I printed and signed and faxed over to her. I have to send the original to her via UPS. I'm so glad this whole part is over with!"


I'd officially signed away my body to carry twins! Or at least that is the hope. Almost exactly 6 months after meeting E & S, it was crazy how much time had gone by and we were just now signing the contract. Hopefully now things would start moving along more quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment