Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Who am I?

Who am I? And what is this blog all about? 

For starters, my name is Samantha and I'm a young, single mother of the most amazing boy. Peyton is 4, going on 15, and the absolute best thing that ever happened to me. 

Having a child, having Peyton, changed my life in ways I could have never imagined. I was just 19 when I found out I was pregnant and had no idea what I was in for. I had watched my older sister give birth twice by this time, and helped take care of my two nephews. But being a parent, having your OWN child is completely different. You can't just give it back when it cries! 

I have the craziest, yet most amazing family a girl could ask for. I grew up with 3 older sisters and my loving mother who definitely had her hands full! There have been bumps in the road in our family relationship, but I can say that now we are the closest we have ever been and I wouldn't know what to do without my family. We spend just about every weekend together doing family dinners, outings to shop for things we "must have" and cleaning up after the 6 grandkids my mom has now. All boys! 

I'm starting this blog to document my journey through being a gestational surrogate, at which I am already 21 weeks pregnant with twins! As I have been journaling the moments up to this point, I will be starting back at the moment where I made the decision to be an "incubator," a "human stork," a "kangaroo pouch," or any other name us surrogates have been nicknamed. 

I hope you enjoy reading along! 

No comments:

Post a Comment