Saturday, April 28, 2012

Hot Flashes and more!

Five days into my hormone injections and I have my first hot flash. Is this what menopausal women go through all the time? It was HORRIBLE. I felt like I needed to strip completely naked and jump in a bath full of ice.

I laugh, looking back at my Facebook status from this day because it documented yet another moment of laughter brought to us by my mom's husband. I was at family dinner that day, being as it was a Sunday, and when the hot flash came, everyone knew. My mom's husband, as oblivious as he is most of the time (even though he was FULLY aware of the fact that I was on hormone injections and about to be a surrogate...) said, "Aren't you a little young to be having hot flashes?" You think!?

This day (November 13, 2011) was also the day clearly marked on my handy dandy calendar as the day "ABSTINENCE BEGINS." In smaller print under that, "Last birth control pill." No more sex until after confirmed pregnancy. This is where Amy Poehler's character in Baby Mama clearly didn't listen! I was not about to let that happen to me.

I was expected to start my period in just a few days, potentially the last period I would have for 10 months. (Yes people, pregnancy actually lasts 10 months). I was supposed to let Carrie at ORM know when my period started, and lo and behold, like clockwork, my period came on November 16th.

I had a blood test at ORM on the 18th to check on my estradiol levels, and all looked great. We were getting closer and closer to the day of the embryo transfer. I still couldn't believe this was actually happening. We were actually less than a month away from potentially getting pregnant, after all these months of waiting. After all those months of me doubting it was ever going to happen, with all of the speed bumps we had along the way. Now just to try and be patient and enjoy the time I had not pregnant for the next few weeks, where I wasn't throwing up or having trouble sleeping. It'd been awhile since I was pregnant with Peyton but the 1st trimester always seems to be the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment